Documentation for ModalAI’s range of tracking, Hi-Res, Time of Flight, and Stereo image sensors.
It is strongly recommended to not connect multiple flex cables back-to-back to increase length beyond what ModalAI has shipped as a valid and supported configuration. The risk here includes:
- Incorrect connector orientation risk resulting in sensor or Voxl failures (including power to ground shorts)
- Adding mating cycles to connectors that have limited life span
- Reducing reliability due to increased interconnect points
- Increasing the length or creating a configuration beyond the data link limits ModalAI has already proven and supports
If your application needs an extended length for your image sensor, please contact ModalAI and we can explore a custom flex/cable hardware and software solution that will work for you.
Table of contents
- VOXL Tracking Sensor Datasheet
- VOXL Hires Sensor Datasheet
- VOXL Stereo Sensor Datasheet
- VOXL Time of Flight Sensor Datasheet