- Qualcomm Flight RB5 System Image
The system image is essentially “the operating system”, and consists of the kernel, root file system, and various firmwares for the plentiful amount of processors on board to name a few items.
If you have a
Qualcomm Flight RB5, it comes pre-installed so there’s nothing to do.
Occasionally we will ship updates, and you can follow the update procedure below.
If you are having problems with your system, please ask questions on the forum before reflashing the system image.
Please visit https://downloads.modalai.com and download the newest
Qualcomm Flight RB5 System Image.
- WARNING: ALL DATA IS LOST IN THE CURRENT SYSTEM IMAGE INSTALLATION
- Please backup the following manually for now:
adb pull /etc/modalai . adb pull /data/misc .
- Unzip the download, in this example we’ll assume the download name was
M.m.b-M0052-9.1-perf.tar.gzwhere M.m.b is the version.
tar -xzvf M.m.b-M0052-9.1-perf.tar.gz
- Get ready to run the script by going into the directory you just unzipped
- Now, attach the RB5 via USBC and ensure the unit is powered on
- Run the following:
To access the fastboot switch on your RB5 Flight Deck, use the access hole shown on the left. The switch location is indicated on the PCB on the right.
Using a tool, push down on the switch, making sure to hear the click, and hold down for 30s.
You should install the SDK.