- Qualcomm Flight RB5 System Image
Update 2022-07-20: the Qualcomm Flight RB5 vehicle is now supported by the VOXL SDK! It requires RB5 Flight System Image 1.3 or newer.
A Platform Release that includes both an updated system image and the VOXL SDK is available at downloads.modalai.com.
The following tutorial guides you through upgrading to VOXL SDK:
If using the legacy RB5 Flight SDK, continue below:
The system image is essentially “the operating system”, and consists of the kernel, root file system, and various firmwares for the plentiful amount of processors on board to name a few items.
If you have a
Qualcomm Flight RB5, it comes pre-installed so there’s nothing to do.
Occasionally we will ship updates, and you can follow the update procedure below.
If you are having problems with your system, please ask questions on the forum before reflashing the system image.
Please visit https://downloads.modalai.com and download the newest
Qualcomm Flight RB5 System Image.
- Please backup the following manually for now:
adb pull /etc/modalai . adb pull /data/misc .
WARNING: ALL DATA IS LOST IN THE CURRENT SYSTEM IMAGE INSTALLATION
- Unzip the download, in this example we’ll assume the download name was
M.m.b-M0052-9.1-perf.tar.gzwhere M.m.b is the version.
tar -xzvf M.m.b-M0052-9.1-perf.tar.gz
- Get ready to run the script by going into the directory you just unzipped
- Now, attach the RB5 via USBC and ensure the unit is powered on
- Run the following:
Fastboot is used to program the device. You may need to force the processor directly into fastboot if the unit is bricked and it no longer shows up as an ADB device. In the full-flash script, ADB is used to enter fastboot. If you cannot get to ADB, you need to force the device into fastboot by performing the following steps.
To access the fastboot switch on your RB5 Flight Deck, use the access hole shown on the left. The switch location is indicated on the PCB on the right.
- Unplug RB5 Flight from power
- Unplug RB5 Flight from USBC
- Using something soft like a BBQ skewer or toothpick, press and hold the momentary button
SW1down, as shown in this image:
- While holding
SW1down, power on RB5 Flight
- Keep holding
SW1down for about 5 seconds and then let go
- Attach RB5 Flight to USBC connected to host computer
- Run the
fastboot devicescommand and verify the device is showing up
❯ fastboot devices f8bb8d44 fastboot
- Now, you should be able to proceed with the
You should install the SDK.