voxl-mavlink-server manages MAVLink routing between network interfaces, MPA applications, and the flight controller such as PX4.
For radios, such as Doodle Labs, that utilize larger packet sizes with increased latency, you can enable mavlink aggregation feature with the udp_mtu field in /etc/modalai/voxl-mavlink-server.conf, the JSON file contains the following description of the field:
* udp_mtu - maximum transfer unit for UDP packets back to GCS. voxl-mavlink-server
* will bundle up packets for the GCS into a single UDP packet with
* a maximum size of this. This might help with some radios.
* This feature is off by default to let the network stack handle aggregation.
* Set to 0 to disable this feature and send one UDP packet per msg.
* Set to something like 500 to bundle a handful of packets together.
Try a few different values such as 100, 200, 300 etc to find an optimal value for your setup.