|QGC FW Update Support (bug fix)
A prebuilt binary of the latest bootloader can be downloaded from here
You can build (and customize) the bootloader as needed. Flight Core is supported in the PX4 Bootloader mainline repository.
git clone https://github.com/PX4/Bootloader
ModalAI Top Tip! You should know what you’re doing before proceeding as this can brick the device.
- Download the bootloader binary
- Copy the file to the root of a MicroSD card
- Power off the Flight Core
- Insert the MicroSD card into the Flight Core’s MicroSD card slot
- Power on the Flight Core
- Connect Flight Core to QGroundControl using the USB cable
- Note: alternatively you can use the debug serial console
- If using USB, in QGC, go to the MAVLink Console terminal
- Verify the
modalai_fc_v1_bl.binis on the MicroSD card by running the following command:
The following should (roughly) display:
- To update the bootloader, run the following command:
The following should display:
INFO [bl_update] image validated, erasing bootloader...
ERROR [bl_update] erase error at 0x8000100
INFO [bl_update] flashing...
INFO [bl_update] verifying...
INFO [bl_update] bootloader update complete
- Reboot the device and verify it boots up
You can use
JFlash with a
.jlink file with command like so: